Welcome the new year with some health resolutions! Many people want to get a jump on health goals in the new year, and drinking more water should be a part of everyone’s health goals.
What are the benefits of drinking more water?
- Drinking more water can help you lose weight. Water makes you feel fuller and it helps to speed up your metabolism.
- It helps with physical performance. If you plan to get moving in 2020, it is important to drink more water. Water is lost during physical activity, which can cause you to feel tired faster, making exercise more difficult. Help maximize your workouts with better hydration.
- Drinking more water helps your brain. Studies show that even having mild dehydration can negatively affect your memory and brain function. Dehydration is also linked to headaches. If you are feeling a little off, try drinking more water.
- Drinking water can help with constipation. This will be especially helpful after the holidays when foods are not as easily digested.
- Water consumption can help with kidney function. This is also a great preventative measure for kidney stones.
- Water is a great treatment to a hangover. Extra water should always be consumed during and after alcohol consumption.
- Water can help with joint pain. Muscles and cartilage require water to help with shock absorption.
- More water can help with blood pressure issues.
- Water is great for your skin and can prevent wrinkles.
- Water flushes waste out of the body.
How much water should I drink a day?
This really depends on the person. Water needs will vary depending on age, size, and health conditions. You will also need to consume more water if you are actively sweating– 2 cups an hour. However, most healthy people should aim for 2 liters a day.
What are some tips to drinking more water in your day?
- Carry a water bottle that you can refill. You are more likely to drink water throughout the day.
- Consume water at every meal.
- Eat more fruits and vegetables. These foods contain a tremendous amount of water.
How Aqua Pure help with my water consumption?
The easiest way to consume more water is to make it more accessible at home and work. If your water does not taste good, it may be time to invest in a new water filtration device. This is a step that has many long-standing health benefits for you and your family. A water filtration device has many benefits, but the one you will notice first is good-tasting water that you will want to drink all the time. Call Aqua Pure Solutions in Nashville, TN today to speak to us about a new water filtration device.